I’ve had some reality checks the past couple of months (good and bad), and also been taken aback by what’s been going on with the media, law & just humanity as a whole. In the meantime, I did not allow this wacky world deter me from my desires and goals. I am still designing websites & have grown more passion for my craft. If you need an amazing site designed by someone that’s reliable, personable, result driven, and will go above and beyond to satisfy your needs, all for less than $800, contact me.
I don’t have the ability to draft a complete blog due to my thoughts being all over the place, so I will just list them.
1. As you progress, becoming happier, and exude more positivity, the more people will try to tear you down. Do not be surprised if it mostly comes from your inner circle and/or your loved ones. Ignore it and move on with your life. Never stoop to their level. People that act this way towards you are usually jealous of your new peace of mind. Misery loves company! Therefore: I align myself with people who support my growth. If you meet someone whose soul is not aligned with yours, send them love and move along.
2. When a friend knows that you’re going through a lot, and they don’t even have the decency to at least text you to see if you’re okay, that’s not your friend. And the cliche “I’m going through a lot myself” line is just an excuse for their selfishness. Everyone is going through something. Some bigger than others. That doesn’t make it okay for them be self-absorbed. There were times where I felt like and/or I was going through the most worse period of my life, but I was still able to reach out to a friend just to say “Hope you’re doing well today”.
3. Everything that you go through happen the way they should, at the right time, to the right people, and ended the right way.
4. “The best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.” ― Steve Maraboli.
5. The tattoo on Trayvon Martin’s chest read “Cora” — his grandmother’s name. The NAACP’s petition to the Department of Justice asking for federal charges, including civil rights charges, to be filed against George Zimmerman has reached 1.5 million signatures. This major milestone was reached in just three days. The petition was set up on Saturday evening shortly after the verdict finding George Zimmerman not guilty in the murder of Trayvon Martin was read. Interested parties can still sign the petition, which will remain active and open until the Department of Justice completes their case. Sign the petition by visiting: naacp.org/The-DOJ-Petition – Or text “JUSTICE” to 62227. May he rest in peace.
6. Oh. So George Zimmerman was unable to win a fight (thus why he shot & killed) with a 17 year old, but he’s able to rescue a family of 4 from an overturned car? The responding officer to the scene to the accident is a family friend of George Zimmerman. Officer Patrick Rehder called Zimmerman the minute he noticed that there was an accident nearby. Zimmerman appeared out of nowhere to the accident, then “saved” the family from harm’s way. Here’s the catch: The accident was 100% real, however, what happened after was entirely staged. Click here for more info.
7. I’m a fond believer of treat others how you want to be treated. And I think most times, I give too much of myself to others. Case scenario: I’ve provided so much help (emotionally and financially) for someone, but when I needed the help (which is not often), they never even offered support nor a red cent.
8. I need to lower my expectations of people.
9. Everyone doesn’t have a beautiful soul like me. Therefore everyone doesn’t deserves to be in my presence to feed off of that energy.
10. My current weight loss status: before & after. 205lbs in the before pics; 175lbs currently. I’m 5’8″. The scale is the least of my worries. I’m more concentrated on inches, definition, and body fat percentage. No jiggle, loose skin, cellulite, stretch marks, cottage cheese or health issues if you do it NATURALLY by changing your diet, weight training and cardio. I’m especially talking to you lipo, lapband and “starving yourself” LADIES. You may get quick results, but they’re only temporary and you are placing yourself in debt and higher health risks in the future. All it takes is a gym membership, at least 4 days of dedication per week, and opening your mouth to talk to others for advice. Trust me! LEARN, don’t RUSH. You’re welcome!
11. Everyone has a purpose in life. I believe my purpose is to touch lives and inspire others to find their inner strength. I want to be able to mentor young woman. I want be able to be called upon because they have no one else to talk to. This is not to be confused with selfish friends that only contact you because they need help. I am referring to volunteering at my church (which I have been taking classes for). There’s more to that in the upcoming week, so stay tuned!
12. I forgive my mother. I forgive my grandmother. I also forgive ______ (fill in the blank with all of the people that have hurt me & betrayed me. Past & present. And if you’re one of them reading this blog, I forgive you).
13. There are a lot of people with personality disorders, unresolved childhood issues, anxiety, depression and etc that are in denial, and they are not receiving the proper treatment (whether it’s counseling, medication, building a closer relationship with God, or the possibility of being in a stray jacket). Please swallow your pride and get evaluated if you feel like you are one of them. Not only are you hurting yourself, you are hurting others in the process. Especially if you are self-medicating with drugs, alcohol, or promiscuous sex. Those dangerous lifestyles doesn’t solve your problems; It only numbs you. Suppressing your feelings will only worsen your situation. Seek help. Especially FREE help. It’s out there for you. All you have to do is Google it, along with your zip code.
14. I no longer have the desire to retaliate the way I am attacked. I will remain calm, classy and cute. I am also no longer afraid to tell those that I love how they are making me feel. It’s so easy for me to tell a stranger how I feel, but when it’s someone in my inner circle, I kept it in to avoid conflict. I tend to just brush it off because I didn’t want it to escalate to an argument, then losing that relationship. But not anymore. You’re going to learn today. If you respect my feelings, then you will still be in my life tomorrow.
15. I am 100% dog mommy now. The bond I’ve built with my puppy Romeo is beyond amazing. I know understand (and can relate) to why other dog owners treat their dogs as if it’s their child. He’s not just my dog, he’s my son now!
16. I finally fell in love with myself.